IARTSYMP II. INTERNATIONAL ART SYMPOSIUM
100th Anniversary of the Republic Themed International Painting Contest
An International Painting Competition will be held within the scope of the “Rhythm of Art International Art Symposium”, the second of which we will organize as Kocaeli University Faculty of Fine Arts, in cooperation with Kocaeli Metropolitan Municipality. The theme of the competition was determined as “The 100th Anniversary of the Republic”. Our competition is also a collection exhibition. The works that are awarded as a result of the competition and are deemed worthy of exhibition will be included in the permanent collection of Kocaeli University Faculty of Fine Arts Baki Komsuoğlu Museum.
|1st Work||10.000 TL|
|2st Work||7.500 TL|
|3rd Work||5.000 TL|
|Jury Special Prize||2.500 TL|
|Honorable Mention||2.500 TL|
- 30 works that were awarded in the competition and deemed worthy of exhibition will remain as permanent collections within Kocaeli University Faculty of Fine Arts (15 works) and Kocaeli Metropolitan Municipality (15 works).
- Each artist can participate in the competition with 1 (one) work.
- The works must not have been exhibited before and have not received an award.
- The technique is free.
- The short side of the works should not be less than 50 cm and the long side should not be larger than 100 cm.
- Applications will be received primarily through the Google Form application on the exhibition website, in JPG format (72 DPI, RGB color format and 1000 px wide side). Selected works should be shipped or hand delivered to Kocaeli University Faculty of Fine Arts together with the form to be downloaded and signed from the symposium website.
- Shipping costs of selected works will be covered by the symposium.
- Care should be taken to ensure that the packaging of framed works is resistant to any damage. The symposium committees cannot be held responsible for any damage that may occur in the cargo.
- Works awarded as a result of the competition; Kocaeli University Faculty of Fine Arts Baki Komsuoğlu Museum will belong to the permanent collection and the artist will have transferred the rights to print, disseminate, reproduce and exhibit his award-winning work to Kocaeli University Faculty of Fine Arts in accordance with the relevant articles of the Law on Intellectual and Artistic Works No. 5846. In addition, Kocaeli University Faculty of Fine Arts exhibits the works that are worth exhibiting in its activities, educational activities, calendar, posters, catalogues, brochures, etc. will have all copyrights, including the right to use and display in all kinds of promotional materials, and to publish in the media, without paying any price. All the owners of the works that are awarded in the competition and are worthy of exhibit will be deemed to have accepted this annotation in advance by participating in this competition.
Artwork Submission Address: Kocaeli Üniversitesi Güzel Sanatlar Fakültesi Anıtpark Yerleşkesi Cedit Mahallesi Atatürk Bulvarı İzmit-Kocaeli
|Prof. Süreyya Temel||Kocaeli University Faculty of Fine Arts Dean|
|Prof. Mehmet Kavukçu||Erzincan Binali Yıldırım University, Dean of the Faculty of Fine Arts|
|Prof.Dr. Gülveli Kaya||Yeditepe University Faculty of Fine Arts Dean|
|Prof. Dr. Neslihan Kıyar||Kocaeli University Fine Arts Faculty Painting Department|
|Prof. Orkun Müftüoğlu||Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University Painting Department|
|Prof. Rafael Romero||University of Barcelona, Faculty of Fine Arts, Department of Conservation and Restoration|
|Dr. Feride DeMyr||Visual Artist, United States|
Deadline for Submission: April 14, 2023
Announcement of Results: 21 April 2023
Exhibition Opening: 8 May 2023
Award Ceremony: 8 May 2023
Süleyman Demirel Cultural Center Foyer Area